Cairns About the Region
Far North Queensland
Holiday memories last a life time and Cairns is the perfect spot to start gathering memories for years to come!
One of the of the only places in the world to have two Heritage listed sites side by side; the renown Great Barrier Reef and Daintree National Park. Cairns has many jewels in its crown and these two show stoppers are just the beginning.
Cairns offers an abundance of natural attractions, native wild life, cultural displays, unique tourist hotspots and is a “foodies” delight, with an exquisite collection of dining venues.
A day trip into the nearby Atherton Tablelands offers visitors an insight into our local agricultural community, where a wealth of local produce is on show and available to sample!! The scenic drive is a feast for the eyes, with plenty of attractions to stop and visit on the way!
The epicentre to the Far North, Cairns is the doorway to so many northerly communities and sights including Port Douglas, Mossman Gorge, Cape Tribulation, & Cooktown.
Cairns Beaches lie like a string of pearls along the coast line all within an easy drive of the Cairns International Airport and the City’s CBD: -
- Machans Beach - 5 minutes from Airport
- Holloways Beach - 7 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Yorkeys Knob - 15 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Trinity Park - 20 minutes from Airport
- Trinity Beach - 20 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Kewarra Beach - 20 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Clifton beach - 25 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Palm Cove - 25 -30 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Ellis Beach - 30 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
- Port Douglas - 60 minutes from Airport - swimming enclosure
With an array of attractions, tours and experiences tailor-made to suit a variety of budgets, the Cairns Community warmly welcomes all visitors, wishes you safe travels, and hopes you create many happy memories from here!
Holiday Collection Cairns Beaches - Your journey to discovering Tropical Far North Queensland begins here...
If you would like to be kept aware about promotions & specials, subscribe to our newsletter. We won’t spam you.